domingo, janeiro 07, 2007

Waiting on an angel



Waiting on an angel.

One to carry me home.

Hope you come to see me soon,

cause I don't want to go alone,

I don't want to go alone.

Now angel won't you come by me.

Angel hear my plea.

Take my hand, lift me up so that I can fly with thee,

so that I can fly with thee.

And I'm waiting on an angel.

And I know it won't be long

to find myself a resting place in my angel's arms,in my angel's arms.

So speak kind to a stranger,

cause you'll never know,

it just might be an angel come,

Oh- knockin' at your door, Oh- knockin' at your door.

And I'm waiting on an angel.

And I know it won't be long to find myself a resting place in my angel's arms,

Oh- in my angel's arms.

Waiting on an angel.

One to carry me home.

Hope you come to see me soon, cause I don't want to go alone,

I don't want to go alone, don't want to go, I don't want to go alone.

Num século de modernas tecnologias de comunicação (messengers, hi5s, blogs e afins) é cada vez mais difícil comunicar com o vizinho do lado ou conhecer outras pessoas, sobretudo se necessitarmos de várias oportunidades para dizer alguma coisa interessante (isto soa-me familiar) ou não nos encontrarmos nos nossos melhores dias. Este conselho Speak Kind to a Stranger cause you'll never know pareceu-me ajustado, com a vantagem de vir de uma das minhas paixões eternamente condenadas ao platonismo. Ben Harper no seu melhor e o Coisas Boas da Vida a tentar mudar de assunto (e de perspectiva).

5 Comments:

Blogger pedro said...

Always smile and this smile will come right back to you :-)

2:25 da tarde  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Grande música. Uma das minhas favoritas! "It just might be an angel come, Oh- knockin' at your door"
JT

10:07 da manhã  
Blogger Deeper said...

Vou tentar Peter!
JT bem vindo/a ao Coisas Boas da Vida. Parece-me ser este o primeiro comentário, pelo que não reconheço a assinatura. Are you finally an angel knocking at my door?
This is me trying to be kind to a stranger... Começará a resultar?

12:22 da tarde  
Blogger anDrEIA said...

Uma música linda de um verdadeiro senhor da música: Mr Ben Harper! K msg sublime... Na aldeia global, não deixa de fazer sentido cada vez mais: "Hope you come to see me soon, cause I don't want to go alone..."! (suspiro)

9:59 da tarde  
Blogger Miss Vesper said...

Nao desfazendo da letra de Ben Harper. Já que estamos numa maré de cantautores, sim porque ele pode encaixar na categoria. Se bem que isso não interessa. Na mesma vertente, encontro Scott Matthews e aqui deixo a sua letra, e sim faz todo o sentido aqui.

Passing Stanger:

"See the sign up ahead it calls out your name, its a meaningful sign but it makes no sense.
Saw you pass on through with only one shoe and a mystified mind with an angel for a guide.
There's a destiny song that's meant for me but I'm weary of the soles of my innocent feet.
Like a single site you know it;s all you got, so be sure to aim true with your eyes on full view.
There's nobody you can accuse, the mirror reflects upon truth and from inside I feel bruised.
The mask that I wear is unsure, unable to find a known cure so I hide for evermore.

I'm a passing stranger with a name i can't remember I am going blind from the dust in my eyes.

but the ground back home seems so far away and I'm coughing up my lungs, but I

I know I've gotta stay.

I'm moving slow wiht nowhere to go its on the sign with one mile to dine. It takes a little time, and I'm barely alive but with shortage of breath.

the coffe you sold me is cold, the paper I'm reading is old and that smile is not your own"

10:57 da tarde  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home